Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

East of West - Volume 1 [Review]

East of West, Vol. 1: The Promise - Jonathan Hickman, Nick Dragotta

This was such an odd read. I had to sit for a bit afterward and think about how to rate it. I found the story both creative and fascinating and the art work was quite well done. However, I didn't really find any particular characters to root for. There are no good guys in this graphic novella. Everyone is bad. And I'm not even saying that there are shades of gray, they are pretty much all horrible people in one way or another.

Despite the horribleness of all the characters, I was completely enthralled by the world that is created here. Why do all these people believe in The Message? How did Death manage to leave behind the other horsemen? What is really up with the kid?

It'll definitely be interesting to see what direction this series goes in because at this point I honestly feel like anything could happen.