Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

The Walking Dead - Days Gone Bye [Review]

The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye - Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman

So after many months on the library wait list I have finally got the first compendium of The Walking Dead comics. While they are all in one epic book, I will be reviewing them per each graphic novel since that is way the story arcs are written.

Because I'm such a huge fan of the show, I found all the differences in the graphic novel quite interesting. In some cases I thought the differences were better than the show and in other places less so. So far I think it lacks a bit of the emotional impact of the show, but I like the occasional touches of humor.

The art work is amazing though. The fact that they can make the zombies look so horrifying and disgusting given that it's all black and white is pretty freakin' amazing.

Can't wait to see where the story goes from here and how it's different from how the TV show has played out so far.