Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

The Girl With the Cat Tattoo [Review]

Girl with the Cat Tattoo - Theresa Weir

This book was not what I expected. First off, I thought it would be really light and cute. The truth is that there are some dark moments and it got a touch romantic-suspense-ish toward the end. I don't love romantic suspense, so this turn of events was not really a good thing for me.

Having said all that, the chapters from the cat's POV were rather charming. I'm a cat lover, and some of the things the cat was thinking made me crack up. My cat, Emmy, passed away a little over a year ago, but so many of the things Max thought reminded me of her.

I was less enthusiastic with the human POVs. I didn't feel like either one was developed enough. I didn't really feel like I knew the characters very well and consequently I didn't much care about their love story.

Add that to the fact that the plot was just a tad crazy and you get a 3 star read. I do think it's worth reading it for Max though, especially if you are a cat lover.

I'm using this book for Z in my A to Z Challenge.