Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Reading Year in Review - Top 5 Paranormal Books

Kiss of Steel - Bec McMaster Heart of Iron - Bec McMaster My Lady Quicksilver - Bec McMaster The Queen Is Dead - Kate Locke Obsession - Jennifer L. Armentrout

I find that I'm getting away from paranomal romance a bit and even urban fantasies. I think some of the problem is that I find it tougher now to find original books with vampires or shifters. Has everything been done or am I just not looking in the right places?

Having said that the London Steampunk series is one of my absolute favorite series. I have loved all the books so far. I love that it feels original. The author does a great job of combining historical, steampunk and paranormal elements to create a world that is dark and dangerous but for some reason you never want to leave it.

The Queen is Dead is the second book in a trilogy. I really like the world the author has created. It has intriguing rules, interesting characters and goblins. Also, a pretty hot shifter love interest.

Obsession is an adult book written in the same universe as the author's YA Lux series. I think the reason this one worked so well for me was that it took one of the villains from the YA series and made him the hero... and the author managed to make it work for me.