Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Once Upon a Winter's Eve [Review]

Once Upon a Winter's Eve - Tessa Dare

This book gets five stars based completely on how much fun it was to read. What a great little story!

I often feel like I don't really get to know the characters in novellas well enough to really care about them, but that was not the case with this one. I really liked Violet and Christian. I understood who they were and how they had come to be in the places they were in life. There was great back story in this book, which doesn't always happen with novellas.

The spy thing is a bit overdone in romance, but Christian was such an endearing spy that you like him anyway. I liked that both he and Violet were gifted at languages and that was how they had bonded in the beginning. I love how he used the languages to tell Violet who he was without coming out and actually saying it.

Violet was lovely as well. I liked seeing how much she grew as a person. I loved the ending, but I definitely wish I could've read more about their adventures.

The whole thing was just a really fun read with a Christmas touch or two thrown in for good measure. I can't believe I waited so long to read this!