Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Three Little Words [Review]

Three Little Words (Fool's Gold, #12) - Susan Mallery

For the most part I enjoyed this book. I really liked the main characters, Isabel and Ford. They genuinely liked each other and enjoyed spending time together both in and out of the bedroom, which isn't always commonplace in romances today. The whole fake-relationship thing is one of my favorite tropes, so it also had that going for it.

This is the first book I've read by this author, but it's book 12 in the Fool's Gold series, so I was taking a chance reading it before any of the others. It is definitely apparent when reading that many of the numerous side characters are either from previous books or are going to have books in the future, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of the story. Overall, I think Susan Mallery did a good job of balancing keeping long term fans happy while still writing a book that could make sense to a newcomer.

I have two major issues with the book. One is the secondary romance. I just didn't care about Consuelo and Kent. To me, all they did was take time away from the couple I was actually interested in. (Secondary romances rarely work for me though, so your mileage may vary.) The other thing I didn't like was the ending.

It was too abrupt and in my opinion Ford should have groveled a bit for being such an ass. They should've at least discussed some things before the inevitable proposal.

(show spoiler)

That being said, I would read this author again. Fool's Gold seems like a pretty cool little town.