Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

One Night to Remember - Kristin Miller This story lacked the emotional punch that seems necessary when writing a novel about the Titanic. I honestly didn't like the heroine much at all. She was a thief. I get that she had some kind of Robin Hood complex going on, but stealing from the rich and giving to the poor hardly gets my sympathy when the woman she was stealing from hadn't done anything nefarious to justify such actions. Seems the rationalization of stealing from the rich woman was solely the fact that she had plenty of money so that made it okay. Eh, I disagree. She was a criminal that seduced her way out of getting arrested. Just... no. Thomas lost my respect for letting her off even though he caught her stealing, probably because she slept with him, although he never says that directly. This goes into the "I'm glad it was free" file.