Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Seduction and Snacks  - Tara Sivec I came across this book because just about everyone in one of my groups was reading it and loved it. My feelings are a bit mixed. To start off, be aware this book is crass. The humor would probably be classified as lowbrow. That isn't a criticism as I happen to find that sort of thing hilarious when done right. When I first started the book, I was immediately amused by it. The narrator was funny and I did laugh quite a bit. The frank language and opinions of Claire were both funny and relatable. I also liked that when she found out she was pregnant she actively tried to seek out Carter and when she saw him again she knew she had to tell him about Gavin. The problems for me started at about the 50% mark. The book really started to lose it's charm for me at this point. The humor became repetitive and got less funny the longer I read. The excessive use of the words penis and vagina were just odd. Also, this is when Gavin started to play a bigger role in the book. I could not stand Gavin. I honestly can't imagine any four-year old talking the way he did or acting the way he did. It made me think less of the heroine because she was raising such a little demon. In addition to that I started to think Claire spent a bit too much time drinking. Overall a 3 star read for me. Enjoyed the first half, didn't love the second half. I probably won't read any further in this series (I think I heard there is another book after this one) because I'm already bored of the humor. On a sidenote: I found out after the fact that this book was originally Twilight fanfiction. However, I will say that this didn't read Twilight-ish at all to me.