Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Beyond Complicated - Mercy Celeste Everyone in this book needs about ten years of therapy. Seriously. This had to be the most screwed up bunch of people I have read about... possibly ever. Let me say that I wasn't sure how to rate this book. I hated Liam and Seth and never grew to like them. I started out thinking Kelton was pretty likable and by the end I wasn't even sure I still felt that way. The truth is these men really shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone until they deal with all their own inner demons, but I guess in another way, you might say they deserve each other. There were a host of things that bothered me about this book. It seemed at times that the author contradicted something that was mentioned earlier in the book. The sex scenes were bordering on comical because of the bad dialogue and the whole thing took a strange jump-the-shark kind of vibe at the end with the whole Brad thing. While I didn't particularly enjoy the book, it was compulsively readable. I couldn't look away... kind of like a train wreck.I'm going with 2 stars. I didn't like it, but it wasn't boring. I know a lot of people love this one, so perhaps it just wasn't my cuppa.