Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor - Lisa Kleypas I LOVED it! This was such a warm holiday story and the romance was lovely. The dynamic between Maggie and Mark was wonderful. The dialogue in this book is just excellent. I should note that I am not generally a fan of children in the books I read. I tend to steer clear of them as a rule. Holly, Mark's 6-year-old niece plays a large role in this book... and I gave it five stars. THAT is how much I enjoyed it. I actually liked Holly and I felt like she was really important to the story and how the family came together. While this is listed by many as magical realism, I thought the magic was very light. I read Rainshadow Road before this one, so I was surprised that there wasn't more magic in it. If I had any complaint about the book, it would simply be that I wanted more of it. This is a short novel, at a little over two hundred pages, and I could've happily read a hundred more pages.