Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

A Lady by Midnight - Tessa Dare I enjoyed this book quite a bit, although I don't think it was as good as A Week to Be Wicked. The story was about Kate Taylor the music tutor in Spindle Cove. I had been looking forward to her story for a while. I found her very likable and found the story of her past to be interesting. Corporal Thorne was a tortured sort of hero. He had the whole dark past thing working for him, so if that's your type of hero then this book is definitely for you. I would say that I'm learning that this type of hero perhaps doesn't appeal to me as much as some others. The whole "I'm-not-worthy" thing starts to grate on my nerves after a while. There were some humorous scenes and the bit about the melon was amusing. I enjoyed the Gramercys and would be interested in reading more about them. I also absolutely loved Badger, the puppy. Colin and Minerva did put in a brief appearance toward the end of the book, Susanne and Bram from book 1 did as well. A solid 4 stars and I anxiously await the next book in the series.