Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Salad on the Side - Karenna Colcroft This was a fairly cute little book about a vegan that gets turned into a werewolf. The premise was pretty fun and I found the bits of the world building to be interesting, but I wish they had been more fully realized. Kyle finds himself mated to the alpha of the werewolf pack that lives in his apartment building. He gets turned against his will and then has to try and cope with all of that and still find a way to get all the needed protein without eating meat or dairy. I think this book could have benefited from having some of it be from Tobias's POV. He didn't come across as terribly alpha to me and despite being told how powerful he was I don't think it was really shown. His pack was rather unruly and argumentative. I would have liked to know more about what was going on in his head because that may have helped explain the pack dynamic a bit better. Kyle made for a fun narrator in the beginning, but I did get annoyed with him at times the farther I got in the book. Overall a cute read.