Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

New York Christmas

New York Christmas - R.J. Scott

I was drawn to this book by the cover and the fact that it takes place in New York City, which is just about my favorite place ever. I had high hopes and while it wasn't bad, I was a bit let down.

One of my big problems was that Chris was really insecure. I know a lot of that was blamed on his prior relationship with a horrible jerk, but I think it went deeper than that. Daniel, on the other hand, didn't seem to have any flaws at all which made the relationship lack balance for me. I would've liked to see more personal growth from Chris.

I think there was tremendous potential for the story and if the book had been a bit longer or some of the ideas had been better realized I think this could have been an amazing book. Overall, 3 stars. It was an easy Christmas read and the New York scenery was lovely.