Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Any Duchess Will Do

Any Duchess Will Do - Tessa Dare

I adored this book! I honestly wasn't sure that Tessa Dare could ever top A Week to Be Wicked (which was my favorite historical of last year and on my top ten of all time list) but I think she may have done it with this book. Griff and Pauline made me laugh, cry, sigh and grin like an idiot and I loved every minute of their story. This book had the humor I expect from Tessa Dare, but it also had a lot of heart.

Griff is a bit of a tortured hero, but not in the sense that he goes around brooding all the time. His pain is buried deep and he does his best to hide it from everyone. Sometimes this caused him to be a bit of an ass, but I couldn't help loving him anyway. I did smile when Pauline punched him though.

Pauline was such a refreshing heroine for me. She wasn't some innocent miss. She was clever, had a wicked sense of humor, and even though she made a business deal with Griff, she ended up loving him and his mother wholeheartedly.

Griff told Pauline that this wasn't a fairytale, but he was mistaken. This book definitely had fairytale qualities to it. Also a few similarities to the movie Pretty Woman showed up (in fact the book store scene was one of my very favorite moments in this book.)

I tried to think of something I didn't like about this book in the hopes of giving this review balance, but I couldn't come up with anything so this review will have to remain glowing. Overall, I love, love, LOVED this book! 5 big stars!

Sidenote: Colin and Minerva do make an appearance in this book. Both during the story and during the epilogue. As do Susanna and Bram.

Sidenote 2: The love scenes in this book were hot! There was one in particular, involving a desk... *fans self*