Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

God Save the Queen (Immortal Empire Series #1)

God Save the Queen (Immortal Empire Series #1) - I had looked forward to reading this book ever since I saw the cover, but the story proved to be even more than I expected. Xandra is an interesting character in that she is judgmental and lives mainly for other people's approval at the start of the book. If she had stayed that way throughout the book, it may have bugged me, but she really grew during the course of the story. She had to learn to accept not only herself, but also that the people in her life weren't all they appeared to be either. She definitely still has some growing to do, but I look forward to reading about it. Vex was just about perfect. He makes a good love interest for Xandra and also a good partner in crime. Plus, he's hot. The world building is intricate and it may help to read the information in the back of the book first. I didn't, so for the first few chapters I felt a touch overwhelmed by all the info. Once I figured it all out, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.