Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Grace Grows

Grace Grows - Shelle Sumners *I won an ARC of this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway*I have to say that once I started reading this book, I got a bit obsessed with it. I couldn't seem to put it down for long. In some ways this book reminds me a lot of YA books I've read, although the characters are a bit older (27 at the beginning of the book.) I say that because it deals a lot with Grace growing up and learning what she wants out of life and facing some of her fears. I found it immensely refreshing to see these themes in a book with characters that aren't teenagers, because for a lot of us, these realizations don't come until we are older. Overall, I really liked the characters in this book. Grace is our first person narrator and I liked her right away. She seemed to have a need to be in control of the situations she finds herself in. She likes her life neat and orderly. Then she meets Tyler and her life starts to get much messier than she had ever planned. Tyler and all of the side characters in the book are well done and I think they all had their own unique personalities. There were times when I wanted to smack Grace because I just felt utterly frustrated with her and some of the decisions she made. Normally that might make me take away a star in the rating, but I found myself so involved in the book, that I'm not sure that it even mattered. Overall, I really enjoyed the book. It had flaws, but I was so glued to the story that I had no trouble overlooking them.One another note, the music that accompanies this book is absolutely lovely!