Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

A Notorious Countess Confesses (Pennyroyal Green Series #7)

A Notorious Countess Confesses - Julie Anne Long

I really enjoyed this book. I thought Eve was a really wonderful heroine. She came from a very rough childhood and did everything she could to support her family. I really liked that she didn't have any self-loathing or regrets. She got herself very far in life using the means she had and she was good with it. That made her a delightful character to read about.

Adam was a really interesting hero. He was a vicar and he really cared about his parishioners as if they were family. He didn't always feel he was good enough for the responsibilities that he held and I found his struggle to be one of the best things about the book.

I would definitely call this a slow burn romance. The first real kiss didn't occur until something like 300 pages in. Personally, I find that kind of tension and relationship building to be really lovely to read. Adam's declaration at the end was beautiful and probably my favorite part of the book. I'm giving this one 4 stars. I really liked it, but it wasn't quite a five-star read for me.