Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Goddess of the Hunt

Goddess of the Hunt - Tessa Dare

This book was kind of a strange reading experience for me. The first part of the book which takes place at Waltham Manor felt like a totally different book than the latter portion. Fortunately for me, I liked the second half way better so I was still left feeling satisfied.

At the beginning of the book I absolutely could not stand the heroine, Lucy. I was reminded of other romances I've read where the heroine has to deal with a silly, jealous, annoying rival for the heroes attentions. Only this time the silly, jealous, annoying one was the main character. I couldn't stand her or her antics and was actually embarrassed for her on more than one occasion. Luckily, she was a bit more likable in the second half of the book and eventually grows up a little.

The hero of the book is a bit surly and cranky and I was overall indifferent to him initially. In the second half of the book we discover how truly broken he is and that is when I grew to like him.

Having said that, I loved the supporting cast of characters. Henry, Felix, Toby and Sophia were all so much fun to read about. The humor in the first part of the book was spot on as well. One of the reasons I enjoy Tessa Dare books is that they always have these delightfully humorous moments and this book definitely succeeded there. The second half of the book was more angsty than I expected but there were still occasional moments of levity. Since I liked Sophia so well, I'm very much looking forward to reading the next book in the series.