Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Full Blooded

Full Blooded - I think the first thing you should do when deciding on whether or not to read this book is tell yourself that at the end you will have no resolution and no answers. If you are good with that, proceed. If not, this might not be the book for you. I was warned that this book is very much the first in a series and as such, we are left with a cliffhanger ending, so I accepted that going in. This book starts off with a bang and never lets up. There is a ton of world building and so many characters, but for the most part I never felt overwhelmed by it. Jessica was a mixed bag for me. I liked her about half the time and she got on my nerves the other half. Her knowledge about wolves and the supernatural seemed woefully inadequate for someone that was raised by werewolves and was a supernatural PI. I also think that adding the vampires and witch in toward the end of the book seemed a bit much. There was already so much drama surrounding the wolf packs it almost felt like overkill. But I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt there because I'm sure she has reasons for doing that based on what is coming up in the series. I think Rourke is a pretty interesting character. I'm always a sucker for a guy with a mysterious past. It will be interesting to see just what he turns out to be. Overall, three stars. I wouldn't say it was groundbreaking, but I was entertained. I will read the second book and see which direction things are headed in.