Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

An Affair with Mr. Kennedy

An Affair with Mr. Kennedy - Jillian Stone I went back and forth on what to rate this book. I really did enjoy some of it. For the most part I enjoyed the relationship between Zak and Cassie. I found some of the dialogue a bit daring and I appreciated that the heroine wasn't so independent that she lacked common sense (which is a problem I see quite a lot of in historicals.) Also, I adored Cassie's family.I didn't care for the Irish home rule subplot much at all. It may have just been me, but I didn't feel like it was very well constructed and I'm still not exactly sure what was going on. Additionally there were so many characters introduced in this book that I had a hard time keeping track of the less important ones. This one comes out as a solid three stars. It's possible I may check out the second book in this series, but probably not right away.