Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Dirty Laundry (A Tucker Springs Novel)

Dirty Laundry - Heidi Cullinan

I really have to commend Heidi Cullinan on showing how difficult severe OCD can be. This is a condition that I live with and have never read a book before that really seems to "get" it. This one does. I felt a strong connection to Adam because I understood him. All of his quirks and thoughts and worries reminded me of myself. Sometimes it was comforting to me and other times it touched a little too close to home. I also appreciated that the author didn't have Adam "cured" by the end of the book. While Denver and therapy are helping him, it's still something he has to live and cope with and I felt like that was very true for a lot of people with mental illness.

Denver was really accepting of Adam's quirks, which I found rather charming. He also had his own issues he had to work through and I feel like both characters had to learn to see themselves in a different light. I also wanted to note that the BDSM in this book was probably the most intense I've read personally. It's not something I seek out in books, but I don't let it keep me from reading a book either. That being said, there was one scene in this book that was a bit much for me. This didn't affect my rating or enjoyment of the book, but it was definitely well out of my comfort zone. This is the 3rd book in the Tucker Springs series, but the first that I have read. I will probably go back and read the books I've missed, El's in particular.