Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Conduct Unbecoming

Conduct Unbecoming - L.A. Witt

What really appealed to me about this book when I read the blurb was that it had that whole forbidden romance thing going for it. Two men in the military fall in love. This is after the end of DADT, but still forbidden because Shane is an officer, while Eric is enlisted.

I absolutely loved the setting of the book. It is obvious that the author either lived or spent a great deal of time in Okinawa. The descriptions of the places were amazing. I felt like I was there.

I also think this book did a great job of showing what military families go through. It's definitely not easy on the soldiers or their loved ones.

I liked Eric and Shane together. They shared many similar interests and had fun together. Not to mention their amazing sexual chemistry. My only complaint about the book is that I felt like I read the whole thing waiting for something to happen. There isn't a whole lot of angst despite the forbidden nature of the relationship. Nobody ever finds out they are together and I think that is what I kept waiting for the whole book. Perhaps if I had gone in knowing that, it would not have bothered me as much.