Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Rainshadow Road

Rainshadow Road  - Lisa Kleypas *I won this book in the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway*I love, love, LOVED this book! I have to say going in to it that I was a little unsure because of the role of magic in the book, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked for me. The author used a light touch with it that I appreciated. Lucy was extremely likable. She gets dumped for her sister, and she's hurt and upset, but she doesn't wallow in self-pity. As for Sam, I liked him from the moment he and his dog showed up. Then I grew to love him when I discovered what a geek he is. The dynamic between Lucy and Sam was delightful and their banter kept me grinning. The plot was uncomplicated and lovely. Basically it was about two people learning how to love each other. Watching them come together and realize their feelings (Sam, in particular) was a real treat. 5 big stars and I will definitely be reading more about the Nolan family in the future.