Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

About Last Night: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance

About Last Night - Ruthie Knox I won an ARC of this book from the author. I was happily surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. Cath, the heroine, was very easy to relate to. I liked that she had made mistakes in her past, and that she owned them and was trying as hard as she could to become a better person. This wasn't your typical "bad girl" shakes up the uptight business man type of story, which is one of the reasons I liked it. Nev is dreamy. Seriously. I adored him from the first time he opened his mouth. Cath saw him initially as an uptight banker, but that really wasn't him at all. I liked that he was just a good, decent guy. He had some issues to work out too of course, mainly centering on becoming the man he wanted to be as opposed to the man his family wanted him to be. I like that both the hero and heroine grew over the course of the story. I feel like they both knew themselves a bit better by the end. My only complaint about the story was involving the agreement between Cath and Nev when they go to see his parents and pretend they are married. It was kind of strange how upset she got when she found out Nev needed a wife in order to get a promotion. I mean, she knew she was doing him a favor by pretending to be his wife, so she had to have realized there was a reason for the ruse. Something about that part didn't work for me.Aside from that one small thing, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from Ruthie Knox in the future.