Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Her Forbidden Hero: Heroes (Entangled: Brazen)

Her Forbidden Hero - Laura Kaye

Marco was a soldier that got severely injured overseas and is trying to deal with his life now. He also carries a significant amount of guilt for other people that were killed during the same mission. Marco is definitely damaged and he has stuff he needs to deal with, but when you got to see the person underneath all that he was a great guy.

I liked Alyssa because she had a subtle strength about her. She wasn't badass, but when it came down to it, she dealt with situations in a very real and strong way.

There were a couple of things that bothered me. One of them was that I wanted to hear more about what happened to Marco, particularly the damage to his brain that sometimes makes it difficult for him to say things. It was touched on, but I would've liked to know more. The other thing is that I felt like the marriage proposal was a bit premature. I realize they had known each other for a long time, but the relationship was so new they didn't even both know it was a relationship yet.

The hero in the next book is Alyssa's brother, Brady and I'm looking forward to reading it because I quite liked his brief appearance in this book. So, overall, I liked it, but wish it could have been a bit more fleshed out. Not my favorite by Laura Kaye, but I will be picking up the next book so I can read more about Brady.