Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Fever

Fever - Joan Swan One of the main reasons I decided to read this book was because I had read a couple of reviews with vastly differing opinions and decided I should read it for myself. This book felt a bit disjointed to me. The first half felt like a different book than the second half. I thought some of the things in the first half of the book (such as the racist convict Taz) seemed as if they had been included for shock value more than actual plot. Unfortunately, the love story didn't really work for me either. Teague spends a LOT of time being a complete scumbag to Alyssa, constantly threatening to kill innocent people if she didn't cooperate and what not. Somehow despite that she starts to feel sympathy (not to mention lust) for him. The whole thing was a bit too Stockholm syndrome for me. I found the second half of the book more interesting when we started getting into the conspiracy plot and the discussion about his power. Although a great deal was left unanswered for now. I have to say that I found the secondary characters Luke and Mitch more interesting than the hero of this book and wonder if they will be getting their own books later in this series.