Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

Shadows (A Lux Novella)

Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout

I think I was able to enjoy this book more because I read Obsidian first, despite the fact that chronologically it comes before that book. For one thing I'm a total HEA girl, so it helped me to have some idea of what I was getting going into the book. I was more prepared to enjoy the book for what it was.

I loved Dawson and how he was so unlike his brother (I love Daemon too, but for different reasons.) He and Bethany were definitely a bit of a love at first sight situation, but they were really sweet together.

I thought this gave some really good back story and explained a lot about how Daemon acts in Obsidian and you get a better feel for the group dynamics between the Luxen. I take some comfort in the fact that I don't really think Dawson and Beth are dead. I'm hoping there is more to the story and we'll see them again.