Jyl22075

Tackling Mt. TBR

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift

Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (Highland Pleasures, #4.5) - Jennifer Ashley

If you are a fan of this series then this is a definite must-read. It almost feels like Jennifer Ashley wrote it as a gift to us and what a delightful gift it is.

All the couples from the previous books have time to shine, but I especially loved seeing so much of Ian and Beth. Ian is probably one of the most unique romance heroes I've ever read and any time I get to spend time with him, I'm a happy reader.

We also got to learn more about some of the characters that I suspect will be featured in the books still to come. I'm particularly interested in reading about Mr. Fellows.

The center plots for this book revolve around Eleanor's pregnancy and Ian's Ming bowl. Chronologically this book is listed as 4.5, although I wonder if it should actually fall after the next book since Elliot was in this book and showed up with his new wife. Since they were only mentioned in passing it doesn't matter much as a whole, unless you are one of those people that absolutely must read everything in order.

Overall, 4 stars for a wonderful Christmas story and a great opportunity to catch up with some old friends.